Breaking News

header ads

Subscribe Us

header ads

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen attack Ojigbelu community in Edo.


Crusaderhotnews 

dressed in military  uniform reportedly invaded a farming community,  2nd Abumere Ojigbelu Camp in Ovia Northeast  Local Government  Area of Edo State and chase  the villagers away taking over their farms, homes and properties. 

Some of the villagers who ran away for their lives and now taking refugee in other communities around Okada narrates their ordeal. 

According to one of the victims Mr. Mattu Alli,  from Taraba State said:  "Infact I'm short of words to explain what I witnessed yesterday in our community. I have been here for the past  20 years with my family farming. 

I was in my compound with my family having good time when we started to hear the sound of guns and people running to different direction, I saw one Benin man running towards my compound I ask him what is and why the gun shot and why is he running, he  was shaking and answered we are finished, Herdsmen, Herdsmen  have taking over the village chasing people away from their houses. So I called my wife and we have to run for our lives.  

I did not see my children every one of us ran to different direction. As I speak to you now, I don't know the whereabout of my wife and children".

 "Another thing that put fears into our minds is that one of the Fulani Herdsmen pointed gun at me and said look man we are for peace, we would only kill you people if you refuse to allow our cows to feed on your crops. 

The yams you people have are for our cows, the cassava and all that you have are for our cows. If you people touch our cows we will  kill everybody in this village

For us to be save we ran to the next community." 

Another victim who also spoke with journalist Mr. Sunday Chimen, said: 

" I have been in this village for over 20 years plus farming,  what we saw yesterday surprised  us, suddenly we heard gun shots and people running, we later discovered that Fulani Herdsmen have taking over our community with sophisticated AK 47 and threatening to kill us if we didn't cooperate with  them for us to be alive, we decided to run for our dear lives leaving our properties with our children running to unknown place". 

"We are calling on the security agencies to come to our aid as our community is under siege."

One of the affected woman Mrs.Ngozi Chimen said: 

"The nefarious activities of these Fulani Herdsmen have been on in our community since two last month, they  enter into our farms cut our plantain to feed their cows. Chase us away from farms. 

You dear not look at their faces. Some o



f them are in Army Uniform. Just on the 2nd of January 2022, they invaded our village and chase everybody away. We need help, we security we need government assistant." 

When contacted, Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, SP kotongs Bello, said he has not been briefed on the development. 

However,  he promised to get back as soon as he finished speaking with Division Police Officer in charge of the area, but was yet to do so as at press time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments