Breaking News

header ads

Subscribe Us

header ads

Edo NUJ task members on politics as Akpaida picks Assembly form


Crusaderhotnews 



BENIN THE chairman, Edo State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Comrade Festus Alenkhe has urged its members who are interested in politics not to hesitate in indicating their interest as they would get the support of the council.


  Alenkhe stated this when he received the Head of Centre AIT/Rapower FM Benin City, Olabisi Akpaida who was in the Secretariat to formally inform the union of her intention to contest for a seat into the Edo State House of Assembly to represent Akoko-Edo Constituency II.


  He said: "We are journalists, the NUJ as a union remains apolitical but any member who is interested in any political office, irrespective of political party should tell us and we will give such people our support"


  On her part, Akpaida said she decided to contest for the position so as to give better representation to the people of the constituency haven got the blessing and support of her employer.


  She said "I am not going there to just make the numbers; I am going there to change the narratives. 


  "Since the creation of Akoko-Edo II, no woman has been elected from that place  into the Edo State House of Assembly to represent the people. I am inspired because I have the passion to serve and this I have displayed right from my days in school where I was elected as the president of the Students Union Government (SUG). Since then, I have been holding several leadership positions. I strongly believe that I can make the difference and I believe that with the support from the leaders of the PDP in my constituency I will get the ticket and we are confident that PDP will also win the election.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments