Breaking News

header ads

Subscribe Us

header ads

Odion Olaye emerges Edo PDP national congress candidate

Crusaderhotnews 






From Ighomuaye Lucky. O

Chief Odion Olaye, yesterday, emerged winner of the Egor local government national congress delegate, having polled a total of 145 votes against his rival, Pa Thompson Osaghaede, who garnered 12 votes.

He will be representing Egor local government area of Edo State at the forthcoming national delegates congress of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) 

Declaring him winner at the Police Barracks in Egor local government area, where the election was conducted, the  Independent National Electoral Commission Returning Officer, Richard Edebiri, said a total of 157 delegates were accredited and that Chief Odion Olaye polled the highest votes to emerge winner of the election.

"We accredited a total number of 157 delegates for this exercise. Chief Odion Olaye polled a total of 145, while Pa Thompson Osaghaede polled a total number of 12. 

"So, by the power vested on me today as the returning officer for this exercise, I hereby declare Chief Odion Olaye, the national delegate," he said.

Speaking shortly after his victory, Chief Odion Olaye said he would adhere strictly to instructions from his local government and that he would not take a unilateral decision at the delegates' conference.

"I want to thank the delegates of PDP at the local government area from ward one to 10 who deemed it fit and saw me qualified to vote for me as the national delegate from Egor. I am so excited.

"I want to assure the people of Egor when the time comes for the national delegates election; I will not disappoint them. It is the message they send me, I will do in Abuja, "he said.

Commenting on the peaceful exercise, the Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Edo State, Mr. Andrew Adaze Emwanta, said it was no victor, no vanquish exercise.

Post a Comment

0 Comments